We can effectively help raise additional dollars for the charities with which we work. A professional auctioneer can move the event quicker and is generally more effective in raising more money than a non-experienced auctioneer or emcee.
Morris Auction Group is proud to serve as auctioneer for many charitable organizations such as:
Let us work with your group ahead of time to prepare for your LIVE auction. We can assist you in the presentation to raise more money for your organization.
Tips for a successful Live Auction Event:
- Have GREAT items that are unique and have a good value to them.
- Hire a Professional Auctioneer.
- Let him/her know in advance the detailed list of items to be sold.
- Provide all bidders with a detailed description of each item. If there is any confusion, the bidders will not bid.
- Provide a PowerPoint slideshow of each item being sold. This reminds them of the item being auctioned. This is especially good if the item is a small personal item such as jewelry. Need a great close up of the item.
- Provide a GOOD sound system and microphone. Most auctioneers prefer a wireless microphone if available.
- Have volunteer "bid spotters" available to assist the auctioneer especially if the crowd is large and/or spread out.
- Be prepared to have the house lights up so the auctioneer can see the bidders.
- Do not have a spotlight on the auctioneer. He/She will not be able to see the bidders at all.
- Have one person designated to record the high bids and the high bidders name and/or bid number.
- Accept credit cards if you can; people will bid more if they can charge it.